Partometer3D is a handy tool for object dimensions measurements. It can be used as a ruler or tape measure, or remote measurement device.
This app allows user to make measurements in defined plane in 3D . The measurement plane / object plane does not have to be parallel to the camera plane. It expands number of situations where application can be used. For example, big objects now can be measured by taking a picture at some angle (from a side), objects and distances that are difficult to reach can be measured as well.
The app has following important and distinctive features:
- measure in any selected plane in 3D space
- add/delete any number of measurement lines/rulers
- values assigned to each ruler line
- measure objects in different directions
- save and share you measurement
- find object ratios, if you don't not need absolute measurements
- compare object parts to each other
- use custom and predefined reference objects
- automatic reference object fine alignment using image processing
Partometer3D uses a phone/tablet camera and any available object with known size as a reference to perform measurement. To define the measurement plane a rectangular object (e.g. sheet of paper, credit card, custom object) is used. Image processing is used for automatic edge alignment with the reference object.
The app shows measurement results in different units: meters, millimeters, centimeters, feet, inches based on user settings. It also calculate dimensions of the object in relative units with respect to the reference object (ROL).
There is an option to make a picture and work with the still image instead of live camera view. Picture Load feature is also implemented to work with any picture from your photo gallery. Zoom View feature helps to align object boundaries accurately. Partomter3D can be very useful if you need to measure dimensions, where a simple ruler or measure tape is difficult to apply.